#TAPGIVESTHANKS for YOU!
We are SO grateful for YOU! You've made SO much possible in 2015!
Dear Autism Project Community,
As 2015 comes to a close, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for all that you have done this year to make our work possible. Your generosity and dedication to The Autism Project is making a HUGE difference in the lives of local children and teens with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families. We truly couldn't do what we do without you!
Here is a snapshot of what YOU have achieved in 2015:
Thanks to YOU,
- 115 children, teens, and young adults with an ASD attended our Camp WANNAGOAGAIN! this summer. Thanks to your generosity, TAP was able to provide half of our campers with camp scholarships this year.
- We opened a new location in the East Bay to serve more families across the state, and to bring help closer to home.
- Our Parent Resource Specialists logged over 1,130 hours of direct parent support.
- We trained 1,847 parents and professionals on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Close to 200 children and teens with an ASD participated in our social skills groups.
- Our consultants spent 1,427 hours in 13 school districts sharing best practices with educators, professionals, and students on how children with an ASD learn and can succeed in the classroom.
- We thought outside the box and collaborated with Hasbro, Inc. to create a first of its kind FREE website for families and professionals to access visual supports and video modeling to teach children with an ASD how to PLAY with toys! Go to www.toyboxtools.com.
- More than 8,000 walkers participated in our 13th Annual Imagine Walk and Family Fun Day for Autism. We raised $225,000 to support our programs and held our most successful Walk to date!
Thanks to you, The Autism Project has had one of its most memorable years yet! All of us here at TAP continue to work hard to ensure that we have the resources to accommodate every family that turns to us for assistance, and you allow us to do just that. You allow us to continue to innovate, to expand our programming, and to make a difference for children, teens, and young adults living with an ASD. This holiday season, we are most grateful for YOU! Thank you for being a part of our family! And here's to an even more memorable 2016!
Your Friends at The Autism Project
P.S. Tell us what YOU'RE thankful for by joining and sharing our #TAPGIVESTHANKS campaign on Facebook (www.facebook.com/theautismproject) and Twitter (AutismProjectRI)!